SomaVeda® Fundamentals of Thai Yoga: Level One
In this course we cover the basic concepts of hands on healing in a general, whole body balancing session using SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy. This system, derived from yoga, allows the practitioner to gain a three dimensional perspective on aiding and participating in another’s healing process.
The SomaVeda® level one Thai Yoga training class covers basic techniques and concepts from the three primary traditions of Thai Yoga/ Thai Massage as well as the unique eclectic influence of SomaVeda®. The original Thai influences include the Wat Po style, Royal method, the Northern Style, Anantasuk, Indigenous Hill Tribes and the Buddhai Sawan Institute.
During this course the student gains contact with a genuine lineage and learns how to facilitate the healing energy of ancient masters through the practice of Puja or healing affirmations.
In this course students learn:
- to perform Puja and healing prayers complimentary to all wellness and healing issues
- a complete whole body balancing session: a 19 Asana beginner Vinyasa or flow with a partner (also known as a one hour SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Massage.)
- the basic elements of the theory of Thai & Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology
- the basic concept of Seven Chakras, Ten Sen (Prana Nadis), Wind Gates, Asanas (therapeutic postures), Meridian’s and Acupoints
- the idea of body work as a meditation, The Five Traditional Treatment Attitudes of the body
- Understand the benefits and contraindications as well as clinical medical applications of SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Therapy.
What is included when I register for this course?
- Training Manual: SomaVeda® Fundamentals of Thai Yoga and Thai Massage
- 16 Credit Hours (for LMTs these may be used as CE hours, NCBTMB approved.)
- This is the introductory course in our 200 hour SomaVeda® Certified Thai Yoga Practitioner Program (CTP.)
After a weekend workshop, you may be authorized have your own sacred healing practice.
However, if your goal is to become a certified and or authorized health and wellness counseling professional the CTP is an excellent option, and your next step is the SomaVeda® Thai Yoga Level 2 course.
- All NAICH short duration seminar/workshops are offered exclusively for personal motivational, spiritual, avocational, professional enhancement and or life enrichment.
Call: 865-660-8895 for Registration Information.
Click Here to Contact Humiovi Thai Yoga Institute